An Aged Care Specialist Officer (ACSO) is now available to provide in-person support at the following Services Australia Perth branches:
- Busselton Service Centre – 65 Duchess Street, Busselton WA 6280
- Fremantle Service Centre -11 Queen Victoria Street, Fremantle WA 6160
- Warwick Grove Service Centre – 85-87 Ellersdale Avenue, Warwick WA 6024
The face-to-face service aims to provide older Australians with greater choice in how they access the aged care services they need.
An ACSO can provide the community member and/or their chosen representative with in-person support to connect with and navigate the aged care system.
Aged Care Specialist Officers can:
- provide in-depth information about the different types of aged care services
- check eligibility for aged care services
- register and refer the community member for a My Aged Care assessment
- offer financial information about aged care services
- help appoint a My Aged Care representative
- connect the community with local support services, social workers, interpreters and advocates.
Whether the individual is needing some extra help at home or considering a move to residential aged care, an ACSO can give the right support to get started on their aged care journey.
In addition to the support offered by Aged Care Specialist Officers, Services Australia staff at these centres can help the community:
- access general information about aged care services
- navigate the My Aged Care website
- connect to more specialist support.
Community members can arrange a face-to-face appointment with an Aged Care Specialist Officer by phoning 1800 227 475 or speaking with the Services Australia staff of the respective service centre.
My Aged Care services can still be accessed through the My Aged Care website or the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.
About My Aged Care
My Aged Care is the starting point for older Australians, their families and/or carers accessing Australian Government-funded aged care services.
My Aged Care provides the information and support required for the community to understand, access and navigate the aged care system. My Aged Care can be accessed online, on the phone or in person. My Aged Care provides:
- information on the different types of aged care services available
- an assessment of needs to identify eligibility and the right type of care
- referrals and support to find service providers that can meet older Australians needs
- information on what care services may cost.