2021 Influenza Vaccine Orders
WA Primary Health Alliance and WA Health would like to thank all providers for their cooperation regarding the pre-allocation period, and the process has worked well to provide equitable and predictable access to government-funded influenza vaccines for persons aged 65 years and over.
To allow practices to have more flexibility, practices are now able to order influenza vaccines through the standard WA Health vaccine ordering system.
Please be aware, quantity limits will continue to apply to ensure equitable access to all providers, and while all vaccine products continue to arrive at the WA warehouse.
For Further information see Information for GPs regarding pre-allocation and vaccine ordering, visit the Practice Assist 2021 Flu Vaccination Program page or contact email@example.com
ATAGI advice on seasonal influenza vaccines in 2021
ATAGI has developed advice for immunisation providers regarding the administration of 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines including:
- The influenza vaccines available for use in Australia in 2021, by age
- Influenza virus strains included in the 2021 seasonal influenza vaccines
- Timing of vaccination, including timing of influenza and COVID-19 vaccines
- Vaccination for pregnant women
- Eligibility for influenza vaccines funded under the National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- Medical conditions that are associated with an increased risk of influenza complications.
See also the Influenza Immunisation HealthPathway
2021 WA Influenza Program Information session – session recording now available
The WA Department of Health’s Immunisation Program hosted the 2021 WA Influenza Program information session on 22 March 2021 for all immunisation providers of WA, covering the following topics:
- Influenza Surveillance
- Influenza Program overview
- Vaccine brands for 2021 – Ordering/reporting requirements
- AIR update: PRODA
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Update
- Influenza 2020 Overview
The recording can be viewed here
For more information regarding the 2021 influenza program in Western Australia, please visit the Influenza immunisation program website.