On 29 March, the Australian Government announced a 1.1 billion package to boost mental health services, domestic violence support, Medicare assistance for people at home and emergency food relief.
- $669 million will be provided to expand Medicare-subsidised telehealth services for all Australians, with extra incentives to GPs and other health practitioners also delivered.
- Refer to the MBS factsheets here
- The MBS Online news page has tables with all items here
- An initial $150 million will be provided to support Australians experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence due to the fallout from coronavirus.
- An initial $74 million will be provided to support the mental health and wellbeing of all Australians.
Relief services for vulnerable Australians
- An additional $200 million will be provided to support charities and other community organisations which provide emergency and food relief as demand surges as a result of coronavirus.