Stepping up to deal with COVID-19, adapting our work practices and supporting primary care and our funded services, while continuing to deliver on our usual commitments are the key themes of our 2019-20 Year in Review.
This past year, like so many organisations, WA Primary Health Alliance has had to rethink many aspects of the way we work. And while this time has changed our workplace and work practices, it has only served to strengthen our commitment to achieving our vision – Better Health, Together.
Hear from our Chair and CEO about stepping up, silver linings and being here to stay.
This time has also served to strengthen and deepen our partnerships with peak bodies, state and local government, Health Service Providers as well as with our network of councils and committees as we advanced our aim to join up the health system and improve health equity through better access and outcomes for Western Australians.
Hear how we strengthened partnerships, supported primary care and listened to the community to increase health access and outcomes
Some other highlights of 2019-20 are:
- Working alongside key medical and health partners to facilitate the primary care response to the COVID-19 pandemic across our state.
- Launching the GP Urgent Care Network Pilot in partnership with WA Department of Health, with about 150 general practices enrolled in Perth Metropolitan and Bunbury/ Busselton areas to provide urgent care in the primary care setting and reduce demand on emergency departments.
- Investing $126 million into 279 programs to improve the health and wellbeing of Western Australians, with a trend toward co-design with service providers, clinicians and consumers.
- Achieving more than 45,000 contacts to our Practice Assist service, including website visits, enquiries and support requests
- Progressing agreements with the state’s four Health Service Providers as a key deliverable of both the Sustainable Health Review and the 10-Year Primary Health Care Plan, with a renewed MOU with the Mental Health Commission also underway.
Read our 2019-20 Year in Review.